(Redirected from 2087)
The following is a composite timeline, basing on all the possible sources to create a composite image of the events in the series.
1987-1993[edit | edit source]
- Drug Wars take place in Central and South Americas. Led by the United States, they result in many governments being abolished and replaced with puppet right-wing ones, fiercely loyal to America.
1995[edit | edit source]
- A Titan missile is decommissioned for use as a museum piece. This is the missile that will eventually become the god of the M.A.D. Monks.
1998[edit | edit source]
- February: Citadel Starstation nears completion, tensions rise, world divides into Soviet and NATO camps.
- March: Global Thermonuclear War takes place after the Citadel sends a fake signal about an imminent Soviet nuclear attack. Humanity narrowly avoids extinction.
- A company of U.S. Army Engineers, seeking shelter, takes over a federal prison and expels the prisoners into the desert. The prison becomes known as Ranger Center, and the Engineers as Desert Rangers. As the weeks pass, they invite nearby survivalist communities to join them and to help them build a new society.
- Florida becomes an island after direct nuclear hits on Atlanta and several military bases in Georgia trigger a seismic backlash.
2027[edit | edit source]
2030[edit | edit source]
2041[edit | edit source]
2048[edit | edit source]
2052[edit | edit source]
- Luke Samson leads the faithful on an exodus from the Angelus Temple to Griffith Park. Though he dies, the Militia lives on, unfortunately.
2062[edit | edit source]
2087[edit | edit source]
- The History of the Desert Rangers is published.
- Events of Wasteland take place:
- The M.A.D. Monks set up at the abandoned silo in the Canyon of Titan and institute Titan's Peace.
2089[edit | edit source]
2090[edit | edit source]
2099[edit | edit source]
- Brother Wright is sent to recover the Titan from Silo 7. Instead, he barricades himself in and attempts to dismantle the weapon. For three long years he is unsuccessful.
- Feburary 12th: General Vargas commissions an investigation into the cyborgs encountered beneath Vegas in 2087.
2100[edit | edit source]
- Hopi and Magee pull Jaime out of the Damonta scrapyard.
- Mona Shera's husband leaves Angel Oracle with a scavenger party and heads for Arizona. She never hears from him again, though he reaches his destination.
2101[edit | edit source]
2102[edit | edit source]
- B. Bilious Balfour dies.
- Events of Wasteland 2 take place.
- Tinker enters Arizona to sabotage the Rangers and destabilize the region. Agricultural center and Highpool are hit particularly hard, followed by Darwin and Damonta.
- Team Echo is dispatched after Ace is killed by one Tinker's synths. Their investigations lead them to uncover radio signals from California and Tinker's involvement. They are deployed to Los Angeles to investigate after Team Foxtrot is wiped out and Angela Deth goes missing.
- Team Echo reconnects with the Rangers in Arizona after losing contact due to the crash and lack of airborne transport to maintain a radio link. Matthias and his synths attack the Ranger Citadel.
- Team Echo returns to the Citadel using a captured Sikorsky SH-3 Sea King. The Cochise AI and Matthias are confronted beneath the Citadel and destroyed, at the expense of turning the base into a radioactive crater.
- Rangers rally and re-establish their operations at the radio tower, the New Ranger Citadel.
2105[edit | edit source]
- If the Desert Rangers choose to flip the turtle over at Rail Nomads, it triggers a series of events that leads to rogue robots appearing and massacring everyone in the camp.
References[edit | edit source]
- Wasteland manual
- Missile description: "At first glance, this seems to indeed be a menacing, apocalypse-bringing intercontinental ballistic missile. Until you spot a placard, reading "Titan Missile - Decommissioned for *museum* display 1995." *Titan* is a *fraud*!"
- Ascension Speech
- Fountain of Dreams manual
- Who Was This Red Samson?
- Grave stone: "Snake Squeezin bottles are strewn all about this grave. The tombstone reads: Dr. B. Bilious Balfour Born 2030. Died 2102. Gone but never forgotten. Until we see again."
- Grave: "The tombstone reads: Our beloved Brakeman. B. 2041 D. 2090. Pity he seemed to be right about needing an engine."
- Heidi Hollander
- Solveig Sefors: "I gotta say, Team Echo, I'm impressed that you'd be interested in the tales of the southwest. Not many in our time ask the questions of where we came from, what used to be. I've been collecting notes from Ranger teams, travelers, merchants, what have you, for nigh on 40 years now. I think you should have it. Keep building the collection. Preserve what you can."
- Robert Danforth
- History of the Desert Rangers
- Father Enola: "So, now you know the real reason we need the missile from *Silo 7*. Yes, it's true, we have been perpetrating a lie upon the canyon. But... but it was a good lie. Fear of *Titan's Wrath* has kept the peace for fifteen years. Afraid, however, that the secret might one day get out, we sent *Brother Wright* to find a working missile - so our bluff would be a bluff no more. Sadly, he turned against us and has spent the last three years trying to get the missile working so he can take his vengeance upon us."
- Snake Vargas: "The former tenants of our home sweet home, *Ranger Citadel*. A bunch of tech freaks. We chased 'em out of here with their tails between their legs, then spent the next two years tossing out all the crap they'd collected. Yeesh."
- Father Enola: "Sadly, Brother Wright turned against us, and did not bring us the missile he found. Instead, he has spent the last three years trying to get it working so he can take his vengeance upon us. He must be stopped."
- Intelligence report
- Hopi: "Mass murderer or not, I gotta hand it to whoever's getting the fuckers up and running. Magee and I pulled old *Jaime* outta the Graveyard two years ago, and we still can't make him go."
- Mona Shera: "Oh my God. That... that [i]is[-] me! And that man is my... my husband! He and his salvage team left the Angel two years ago. They were headed to a pocket in the eastern radiation that had just opened up. No one had ever been there before. But they... never came back. We never knew what happened. I've had this hole... it was so hard not knowing what happened to him."
- Sean Bergin: "I'm surprised you haven't heard of 'em, you being the law around here. They've been around for a year or so. Only mobile junkyard I've ever seen. Don't know why they got all aggressive all of a sudden. They've upgraded their weapons too. Who has a jackhammer arm? How is that shit possible?"
- Sean Bergin: "Y'know, you Rangers aren't the only game in town. We haven't seen you for nigh on a year, and the *Red Skorpions* show up when we call 'em. At... at least most times they do. Captain McNamara and the rest of the RSM have done right by us more times than you have, that's for damn sure."
- Wasteland 2 endings: "Turning over that tortoise triggered a series of events that, three years later, will cause robots to appear and kill everyone in Rail Nomad."