CLASSIC is the ruleset powering Wasteland 2 and its character systems. The acronym stands for the seven primary attributes.
Attributes[edit | edit source]
The seven primary attributes determine derived statistics and are expressed in a range from 1 to 10.
Derived statistics[edit | edit source]
Derived statistics are determined by the attributes.
- Action Points: Determine the amount of actions a character can perform each turn. Base value is 3.
- Constitution: How much punishment the character can suffer before being knocked unconscious or worse. Base value is 14.
- Constitution level gain: How much CON points the character gains per level
- Carry weight: How much stuff a Ranger can carry.
- Combat initiative: Determines turn sequence.
- Combat speed: How much distance the Ranger can cover in combat
- Chance to evade
- Survival points: Used to increase skills. Granted per level.
Additionally, high character attributes yield bonuses:
- Ranged Hit Bonus: Increased chance to hit targets with ranged weapons. Every point of Coordination translates into a 1% bonus (eg. a Ranger with 10 in Coordination gains the full 10% bonus).
- Melee Critical Hit Bonus: Chance to score a critical hit with melee weapons. Every point of Awareness translates into a 1% bonus (eg. a Ranger with 10 in Awareness has a 10% bonus chance to score a critical hit).
Skills[edit | edit source]
Skills are also expressed in a range from 1 to 10 and are divided into three separate branches: Combat, Knowledge, and General Skills.
Combat Skills[edit | edit source]
- Assault Rifles
- Bladed Weapons
- Blunt Weapons
- Energy Weapons
- Heavy Weapons
- Sniper Rifles
- Submachine Guns
Knowledge Skills[edit | edit source]
- Alarm Disarming
- Computer Science
- Field Medic
- Mechanical Repair
- Toaster Repair
General Skills[edit | edit source]
- Animal Whisperer
- Brute Force
- Hard Ass
- Kiss Ass
- Smart Ass