Head back to Ranger Citadel for a new assignment. Unless we hit a detour
- Major experience rewards, access to Los Angeles.
Head back to Ranger Citadel for a new assignment. Unless we hit a detour is a quest in Wasteland 2.
After the Rangers hook up the third transmitter in Damonta, the Red Skorpion Militia goes berserk. General Vargas asks the player's team to investigate.
- Head over to the Prison to confront Commander Danforth.
- Danforth will speak to the player over the intercom at the perimeter of the Prison. Do not try to enter it - the turrets outside instakill.
- Instead, head over to the farm west of the Prison. Kill everyone and talk to the single survivor, a farmer near the chicken house.
- Turns out, he poisoned the poor dogs that belonged to the RSM. Accept his cure and head over to the prison.
- At this juncture:
- The player can slaughter everyone. Vargas might consider this a suboptimal solution, but it works.
- Set up a truce by inquiring about the dogs, then promising to cure them.
- Secure an alliance by asking about how the RSM enslaves people, then pursuing the dialogue tree (Smart Ass required).
- In all three instances, the quest is complete.