Help Ascension McDade retake the Bastion is a quest in Wasteland 2.
When the Rangers find Ascension, he informs them that Retribution Jones has staged a coup against McDade and proclaimed himself the new Evangelist. To make peace with Hollywood, Ascension needs to be in control of the Militia - with the Rangers, he can regain control.
- There are two ways to complete this quest, both of which end with Jones' death.
- Firstly, the player can enter the Bastion through the secret tunnel mentioned by McDade, found in the northern end of Hollywood, under a pile of rubble. This leads to the Vigilant headquarters inside the Bastion building. Assassinating Jones is a matter of walking to the opposing end of the building, wiping out the Militia supporting Jones on the way.
- The other option is to storm the gates of the Bastion, killing everyone who stands in the Rangers' way. That way the Rangers can also free the penitents and fulfill the objective.
- Once Jones is dead and ancillary tasks are complete, the player has to head to the main hall of the Bastion and witness the signing of the peace treaty. Doing so also turns all remaining Militia survivors neutral.
- Access to Mount Lee and the transmitter.
- 3000 scrap.
- 500 experience points.