Luck (LK) is an attribute in Wasteland, Wasteland 2 and Fountain of Dreams.
||Lucky characters tend to find more things and avoid more damage than unlucky ones. Luck also improves your odds in hand-to-hand combat
||~ Wasteland manual
Some rangers just seem to have an innate edge. Bullets miss them, their attacks always seem to find their enemy's weak spot, and they always seem to find more loot than everybody else.
Luck is one of the more versatile attributes, giving a wide variety of small bonuses that might just give you the edge in combat.
Luck influences the game in many ways:
- Every even point of luck adds 1% to the character's chance to evade.
- Affects critical hit chance.
- Gives the player a chance to gain an additional action point during a turn: Luck is tested against a random number from 1 to 100, two rolls are made).
- Gives the player a chance to gain additional hit points upon gaining a level: 1 HP per successful Luck roll (Luck*5 tested against a random number from 1 to 100).
- The number of rolls varies. For levels 1-10, 2 rolls are made;
- 11-15 4;
- 16 and above 6.
- The Director's Cut modifies this calculation. Between 11 and 20 4 rolls are made. 21 and above 6 rolls.