Night Terror (Wasteland 2)
Background[edit | edit source]
Night Terror is a mutant still living in the ruins of Darwin research lab. It can be found in a highly secure cell surrounded by three turrets. Releasing it requires either a high level Computer Science or typing the passcode ICEBERG. While the original Night Terror was a manifestation of Finster's subconscious in the Mind Maze, this one is a physical manifestation, found in a heavily guarded isolation room.
Despite the high security of Night Terror's cell, the fact that it considers flesh (human included) "candy" and the nature of its name, it's actually very friendly and quite happy to be traveling with you.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
|This character has other interactions.||
Oh yes, see below.
Details[edit | edit source]
- The Night Terror is not a party member and cannot be recruited into the Rangers. It will, however, follow you around and occasionally engage in combat against your enemies. Given its extremely high HP, this can make Night Terror a valuable ally though one who cannot be dismissed normally.
- The player has the option to give it candies through dialogue though this does not appear to be necessary for Night Terror to follow you.
- After the player gives Night Terror 20 pieces of "candy" it will become sleepy and remain in that location. It is unknown for how long. Be advised that if this happens in a random encounter it may be possible to "lose" Night Terror in the wasteland.
- As a joke from Wasteland 1, The Night Terror found in Wasteland 2 grants 3,200 XP instead of 20 if you kill it after feeding it the 20 'candies'. While it does very little damage, it is possible that, either after taking significant damage or being made psychotic from a headshot, it will explode and deal lethal damage in a 3-meter radius.
- Some of the Night Terror dialogue is a reference to an episode of Sealab 2021, in which the crew faces "Bizarro" versions of themselves. The Night Terrors peanut allergy, and its line "I'm helping, I'm helping, I'm helping you!" are direct refences to Bizzaro Quinn (Turtle Face).
- But seriously... Who would want to kill the cute lil' thing ?